Sunday, November 30, 2008

Again in a foreign land ...

It is Sunday evening, November 30, and for two days I have sat at the Flying J truckstop in Vaudreuil, Quebec Province, Canada.

Freight is very, very slow. My company made it clear that there would be no loads to take Thanksgiving week (and, indeed, drivers who went home for Thanksgiving are still waiting on loads in Houston - the economic problems are hurting the trucking industry along with the normal holiday lull). After discussing the matter with my wife and children, I called my employer and discovered that there were two loads left running over the Thanksgiving holiday. I volunteered.

It is not my preference to be away from home on the Thanksgiving holiday, my favorite of the year.

Yet, on this trip I have already had several "divine appointments".

More about this later ...

No comments: